Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It’s okay to be a little girl


It’s okay to not be the strong one all the time.  The time to come to that realization is not when you are all alone, being slid into the MRI tube for the third time in about five months….second time in five weeks.

I have my Big Girl panties.  You might say I proudly wear them.

But it’s okay to want someone to be in the waiting room.  Or to sit there with you and pat you on the arm.

It’s okay to have people help.  I am bad at asking for help.  I will work on that.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya on that. I've worked on that for a long time and still need to work on it regularly. I hope you have someone close that will give you support and comfort regardless of how many times you say you're fine and don't need anything *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm lucky to have a lot of friends in the area... I just have to get over that hurdle and let them help. I did have a friend go with me when I went for the spinal tap. Now that's the sign of a good friend...one who will go sit in the room next to you as you have a needle put in your spine!! :)

      Delete